How to Program a 2001 Toyota Avalon Ignition Transponder Chip Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Use this procedure to add a key to the system
Must have your master Toyota key ready (black key)
1. Insert black programmed key into ignition.
2. Press and release accelerator pedal 5 times within 15 seconds of inserting key into ignition.
3. Press and release brake pedal 6 times within 20 seconds of step 2.
4. Remove black key from ignition switch.
5. Insert new unprogrammed key into ignition within 10 seconds of step 4.
6. Press and release accelerator pedal once within 10 seconds of step 5.
7. Once these steps are performed properly you will see the immobilizer warning lamp begin to flash and after one minute the lamp will stop flashing. Once the immobilizer warning lamp stops flashing you will have 10 seconds to insert an additional key to be programmed.
8. Within 10 seconds of inserting key into ignition press and release accelerator pedal once.
9. Immobilizer warning lamp will flash and after one minute the lamp will shut off.
Use this procedure if all keys are lost.
This vehicle is not on board programmable and requires a qualified professional to program keys.
1. Locate an automotive locksmith in your area using the phone number or website below.
2. If your vehicle is still mobile, it may save you money by driving to the locksmith instead of having them come to you.
3. The locksmith will then hook up specialized computer equipment to your vehicle in order to program the ignition key fob.