1. Get in car and close all doors.
How to Program a 2001 Toyota Sequoia Ignition Transponder Chip Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
2. Press and release the brake and accelerator pedals at the same time. After five seconds, insert a working, pre-programmed key (e.g. the black master key) into the ignition cylinder. Turn the key to "ON" position. Don't let more than 15 seconds pass before pressing and releasing the accelerator pedal alone five times (if you inserted the primary key--if you're using a valet key, do it four times).
3. Within 20 seconds, depress and release the brake pedal alone six times for a primary key (five times for a valet key).
4. Turn the key to the "OFF" position and remove the key immediately.
5. Insert the unprogrammed key and turn it to "ON" within 10 seconds of removing the programmed key.
6. Press and release the accelerator pedal once, within 10 seconds of turning the key. The security light should then flash for a minute. When it stops flashing, the programming is done.
7. Start the vehicle with the newly programmed key to make sure it did, in fact, get programmed. If not, start over again from step 1.
If you need key fob programming instructions click here.