How to Program a 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe Ignition Transponder Chip Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Note: You must have two programmed keys to add a new key to the system. If you do not have two working keys you will have to have a locksmith program a key for you. A maximum of 8 keys can be programmed to the system.
1. You must have the new key cut before programming.
2. Insert the first programmed key into the ignition and turn the key to the ON position for 5 seconds and turn it back to OFF position and remove.
3. Insert second programmed programmed key into the ignition and turn the key to the ON position until the immobilizer indicator light is flashing(within 10 seconds) then turn it back to the OFF position and remove. Note: If an error occurs while the immobilizer indicator light is flashing, the immobilizer light goes out, otherwise it should still be flashing.
4. Within 30 seconds of the flashing indicator light insert the new unprogrammed transponder key into the ignition and turn the to the ON position. The immobilizer indicator light should stay solid for about 3 seconds when the programming is complete. You can then turn it back to the OFF position and remove. Note: If an error occurs the immobilizer light will flash 3 times, then you must start over from the beginning again.
5. The car should now start with the new transponder key.
6. Repeat steps 1 thru 5 for each additional new transponder key.