How to Program a 2004 Mitsubishi Montero Ignition Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Note: You need two previously programmed working Ignition keys to add a third key to the system. If you do not have two working keys you will need to have a locksmith program a second key for you. Click here to find a locksmith in your area.
1. Get your new key cut to match your previously programmed keys.
2. Insert the first previously programmed key in the ignition and turn the key to the ON position (Do not start engine) for 5 seconds and turn it back to the OFF position and remove.
3. Insert the second previously programmed key in the ignition and turn the ignition to the ON position (Do not Start) until the immobilizer indicator light is flashing (within 10 seconds) then turn it back to the OFF position and remove. If an error occurs while the immobilizer light is flashing the immobilizer light will go out, otherwise it should keep flashing.
4. Within 30 seconds of the flashing indicator light insert the new unprogrammed key in the ignition and turn to the ON position (Do not Start). The immobilizer light should stay solid for about 3 seconds when programming is complete. You then can turn it back to the OFF position and remove. If an error occurs the immobilizer light will flash 3 times, then you must start over from the beginning.
5. Car should now start with new key.
6. Repeat steps 1 thru 5 for each additional new key.