How to Program a 2008 Toyota Highlander Ignition Transponder Chip Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
If your Highlander has a Standard Chip Key use the following instructions.
- Enter vehicle and close all doors
- Insert master Toyota key in and out of ignition cylinder 4 times. On the 5th time leave the master key in the ignition cylinder
- Open and close driver’s side door 6 times
- Remove master key from ignition cylinder.
- Verify that security light on the information display is solid, indicating that the car successfully entered programming mode
- Insert new transponder chip key
- Watch security light blinking for about 60 seconds
- When security light goes out, your new key should be successfully programmed
- Remove new key from the ignition cylinder
- To verify that your new key is able to deactivate anti-theft system: security indicator light on the information display should disappear when inserting properly programmed key into ignition cylinder
- If programming is unsuccessful start over at step 1
If your Highlander has Push Button Start Ignition it is not on board programmable and requires specialized equipment or a qualified professional to program smart key remote fobs.
What Are Your Options?