How to Program a 2012 Mazda CX-9 Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Use these instructions to program the key portion of the flip key.
Key blade must by cut to operate ignition
The timing is critical to this procedure, please read through the entire procedure before attempting.
1. Insert one of the programmed transponder keys and turn the ignition to ON, leave on for at least one second (Wait until the red key symbol in the instrument cluster goes out), remove the key from the ignition.
2. Within 5 seconds insert the second programmed key and turn the ignition to ON for a least one second but no more than 5 seconds, then remove the second key.
3. Within 10 seconds insert the new key in the ignition and turn the ignition to ON, if you are successful the red key symbol will illuminate then go out in about 1 second.
If you are not successful the red key symbol will flash repeatedly to indicate that you have inserted an invalid key. Remove the key, wait one minute and try again.
Use these instructions to program the remote portion of the flip key.
1: Open driver side door and leave open.
2: Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door
3: Insert key into the ignition.
4: Turn Key to ON position and return to Lock (off) position. Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. LEAVE key in the ignition in Lock (off) position.
5: Close and open the drivers door 3 times. Leave door open after this step
6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors once.
7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.
8: Additional remotes, repeat Step 7 for up to 3 remotes total.
9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series (about 4) of door locks and unlocks.
Use these instructions to program a smart key.
This vehicle is not on board programmable and requires a qualified professional to program smart key remote fobs.
2. If your vehicle is still mobile, it may save you money by driving to the locksmith instead of having them come to you.
3. The locksmith will then hook up specialized computer equipment to your vehicle in order to program the smart key remote fob.