How to Program a 2014 Ford Fiesta Ignition Transponder Chip Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions
You must have two previously programmed keys and the new unprogrammed key readily accessible. If you do not have two previously programmed keys you will need a Locksmith to cut and program a second key.
Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
To reprogram the remote entry transmitters:
1. Insert the first programmed key into the ignition and turn the key from off to run (maintain the key in run for approximately 3 seconds).
2. Turn the first key to off and remove it from the ignition.
3. Within 10 seconds of turning the key to off, insert a second programmed key into the ignition and turn the key from off to run (maintain the key in run for approximately 3 seconds).
4. Turn the second key to off and remove it from the ignition.
5. Within 10 seconds of turning the second key to off, insert the new, unprogrammed key into the ignition and turn the key from off to run (maintain the key in run for approximately 3 seconds). If you would like to program additional key(s) (up to a total of 8 keys can be programmed), repeat Steps 1 - 5 for each additional key.
6. The Securilock passive anti-theft system portion of the key is now
programmed. To program the remote keyless entry functions of the key
follow Steps 1-3 below.
Note: When programming remote keyless entry functions, you will delete
previous programming of all current keys so you must program all the
keys you need every time you do the process.
1. Turn the ignition switch from off to run four times in rapid succession (within six seconds), with the fourth turn ending in off. If the program mode is successfully entered , a chime will sound.
Note: If no action is taken within 10 seconds after a transmitter has
been programmed, the programming sequence ends
2. Within 10 seconds, press any button on the transmitter to be programmed. A chime will sound to confirm that the transmitter is programmed. Repeat this step for each transmitter.
Note: There is NO chime or any other confirmation upon exiting the programming mode.
3. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
• The ignition is turned to run.
• Ten seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last transmitter was programmed.
• The maximum number (eight) of transmitters has been programmed
Use these instructions if your Ford Fiesta has the smart key system.
This vehicle is not onboard programmable and requires a qualified professional to program smart key remote fobs.
2. If your vehicle is still mobile, it may save you money by driving to the locksmith instead of having them come to you.
3. The locksmith will then hook up specialized computer equipment to your vehicle in order to program the smart key remote fob.