How to Program a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Ignition Transponder Chip Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
You must have two working Programmed Ignition Keys to add a key to the system.
1. Insert the first, already programmed key in the ignition and turn the ignition on.
2. Turn the ignition off and remove the key.
3. Quickly, within five seconds, insert the second already programmed key in the ignition and turn the ignition on.
4. Turn the ignition off, and remove the key.
5. Insert the new key to be programmed and turn the ignition on within five seconds. The security light will turn off once the key has been programmed.
6. Repeat Steps 1–5 if additional keys are to be programmed.
If all Keys are lost and no Programmed keys are available.
Programming without Two Programmed Keys. Canadian regulations require that owners see their dealer. If two currently programmed keys are not available, follow this procedure to program the first key. This procedure will take approximately 30 minutes to complete for the first key. The vehicle must be off and all of the keys you wish to program must be with you.
1. Insert the new vehicle key into the ignition.
2. Turn the ignition on. The security light will come on.
3. Wait 10 minutes until the security light turns off.
4. Turn the ignition off.
5. Repeat Steps 2–4 two more times. After the third time, turn the ignition on; the key is programmed and all previously programmed keys will no longer work with the vehicle.
6. To program the second key, turn the ignition off. Insert the second key to be programmed and turn the ignition on. After two keys are programmed, the remaining keys can be programmed by following the procedure in “Programming with Two Recognized Keys.